Adhere to these rules and guidelines for safer roads!
New Rules & Guidelines for safer roads imposed by LTA Singapore: (Effective from 1 Jan 2022)
Photo Courtesy of lta.gov.sg
1. Maximum 5 bicycles for a cycling group length.
- 5 cyclists in single file
- 10 cyclists riding 2 abreast
2. To maintain a minimum 30 metres distance / 2 lamp posts between different cycling groups.
- A group should only overtake another when it is safe to do so!
3. Motorists should maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 metres when passing cyclists.
4. Cyclists must keep to the far left of the road always where possible.
5. No riding abreast on single-lane roads and during hours of bus lane operation.
6. There are penalties for not adhering with the rules.
To know more regarding the rules and guidelines for motorists and cyclists to maintain safety on the roads, you may visit LTA Rules & Code of Conduct
Share this article with your friends if you find it helpful!
References: LTA Singapore (website)