Updated: Oct 29, 2021
The latest workforce vaccination measures will be implemented from 1 January next year with employees at the risk of being dismissed if unvaccinated.
The latest workforce vaccination measures as announced recently on Saturday (23 October):
1. From 1 January 2022, only fully vaccinated workers or have recovered from Covid-19 within the past 270 days can return to the workplace.
2. The unvaccinated employees will only be allowed to return to the workplace if they have a valid pre-event testing result that shows negative for the duration required to be present at the workplace.
3. Employers may also consider redeploying unvaccinated employees, especially those who are medically ineligible for vaccines to suitable jobs which can be performed from home.
4. Employers can place these workers on no-pay leave as well, yet their prolonged absence should not affect the assessment of their performance.
5. As a last resort, after considering other options above, employers can terminate unvaccinated employees in Singapore whose work cannot be done from home starting from 1 January next year.
"If termination of employment is due to employees' inability to be at the workplace to perform their contracted work, such termination of employment would not be considered as wrongful dismissal," MOM mentioned.
Share this article with your friends if you find it helpful!