Singapore returns to Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) starting from this Thursday, 22 July to 18 Aug 2021!
Updated: Aug 3, 2021
Only 2 people for Social Gatherings, No more dining in, 2 household visitors per day - Stricter Covid-19 measures will be implemented.
Photo by Tim Douglas from Pexels
Singapore will return to phase 2 (heightened alert)! What are the things to take note:
Summary of what you can and cannot do from 22nd July 2021 till 18th Aug 2021 in order to control the recent increase in the number of Covid-19 cases in Singapore.
1. No more dining-in! Only takeaways & deliveries
- Applicable for both indoor and outdoor F&B including hawker centres and food courts.
- Cinemas are not allowed to serve food and beverages as well.
2. Social gatherings of 2:
- Maximum group sizes of up to 2 persons
- Only 2 distinct household visitors per day
- To limit overall number of social gatherings to not more than 2 a day
3. Sports/Exercise activities & Sports Classes
- Mask-off indoor exercise classes/sports activities to cease.
- Mask-off outdoor activities are allowed with a class size limit of 2 persons.
- Mask-on sports classes and activities can still continue to be conducted but only for 30 people and with groups to be capped at 2.
4. In-person tuition and Enrichment Classes
- Class sizes can go up to 50 people, but groups to be capped at 2
5. Mask-off personalised care services are not allowed with exception for Medical & Dental consultations
- Personalised care services such as facials, saunas and make-up services have to be suspended from operating.
- Medical and Dental consultations requiring patients to remove masks, will still be able to continue.
6. Working From Home is the default arrangement
- Social gatherings at the workplace are not allowed
- For Wedding Solemnisation:
Up to 100pax with Pre Event Testing (PET)
Up to 50pax without PET
Group size of up to 2pax
- For Wedding Reception:
Up to 100pax with Pre Event Testing (PET) for all attendees.
Group size of up to 5pax.
8. Live performances/Spectator Sports Events/Worship Services/MICE
- Only up to 100pax with PET
- Up to 50pax without PET
- Group size to be capped at 2pax
- Unmasked singing and playing of wind instruments will not be allowed.
9. Attractions/Shopping Malls/Public Libraries/Museums/Cruises
- Operating capacity at 25%
- Shopping malls and showrooms to reduce their maximum occupancy limit to 16sq m of gross floor area per person.
10. SafeEntry check-in will be mandatory for all markets and hawker centres
- Check in with TraceTogether app or token only
More information regarding the tightened Covid-19 measures as of 22 July 2021 will be elaborated below:
Share this article with your friends if you find it helpful!
References: Ministry of Health (website) The Straits Times (website)